Clicks forms part of the Clicks Group. This Group has been listed on the JSE Limited since 1996 and include Clicks, GNC, The Body Shop, Claire’s and Musica. Together this Group has over 800 stores in southern Africa with Clicks sporting over 500 in-store pharmacies.
The Clicks Group is very invested in their corporate footprint and allow customers a full report of their annual earnings. This transparency is helpful in maintaining good customer relations and affords the Clicks Group the opportunity to be honest and open about where their money goes.
Here is a brief history of Clicks and the Clicks Group. The first Clicks store was opened in Cape Town in August of 1968. In March of 1979 Clicks Groups made its first appearance on the JSE stock exchange. In 1983 the 44 Clicks Group exceeded the R100 million turnover mark with 44 stores. In 1991 the Clicks group exceeded the R500 million turnover mark with 155 stores. In 1992 Musica was bought by the Clicks Group for R1.2 million. In 1995 the Clicks Club Card was launched. This amazing card helps you save even more, so it’s worth the 5 minute process to get it activated in store. The Clicks specials always have a option where Club Card members save more.
In the 2012 the Clicks group exceeded the R1 billion profit margin with 595 stores. That’s a lot of profit. But the Clicks group doesn’t waste any of it. They do however have a very elaborate sustainability report within which they put forth all their goals for each year. They also follow a strict code of ethics on all forms of capital in order to ensure that they remain the leading healthcare distributor in southern Africa. Clicks has not gotten where they are today by following a shoddy business plan. These guys know what they are doing! That means that you can find trusted specials in the monthly Clicks catalogue. Clicks specials are as good as they are thanks to years of proper business ownership and management.
Clicks offers a wide range of products. They have a dispensary in their stores, so you can find good deals on most over the counter and prescription medications in their monthly Clicks catalogue. Other products that are available at Clicks include:
- Vitamins and Supplements: Clicks offers a wide range of healthcare products at lower prices than you will find in privately owned pharmacies.
- Beauty Products: There is a large variety of beauty products available in Clicks stores, including make-up, haircare, skin care, face care and fragrances.
- Luxury Beauty: This is a section dedicated to perfumes and all the things that make you smell pretty including perfumed soaps, creams and body washes.
- Toiletries: Clicks also supplies all kinds of toiletries. Clicks specials are known to involve a lot of 3 for 2 specials and they are usually in this section. So make sure to check out the mid month Clicks catalogue every month to see where you can save by buying bulk.
- Baby: In this section you will find anything your new born to two year old may need. Clicks specials often include baby products such as nappies, formulas and cereals and accessories.
- Men: This section is where the new age metro man will find all the products his heart desires at a good price.
- Electrical: Most Clicks stores also have an electrical section where you can find small household appliances including the ones you use to keep yourself beautified such as hairdryers and straightners. You can also find some audio equipment here.
- Household Goods: This generally includes bathroom items such as towels, but some stores have expanded this section to include items for your kitchen, travel and all kinds of technological and electrical goodies.
The monthly Clicks catalogue offers amazing deals for different regions, so make sure you check it out to see what Clicks specials are on offer in your area this month. There are also amazing Clicks specials that offer the 3 for the price of 2 deal, so you might want to go shopping with a friend so you both can save.